"Don't forget about me today"

"This is who I’m making fun of, when I make a joke on Twitter the day of a tragedy.

The people who see something horrible happen in the world and they run to the internet, and they run to their social media, their Facebook, their Twitter, whatever they got and they all write down the exact same thing:

“My thoughts and prayers.” “My thoughts and prayers with the people in Aurora.” “My thoughts and prayers with the families in Boston.”

Do you know what that’s worth? Fucking nothing. Less than nothing.

You are not giving any of your time, your money, or even your compassion. All you are doing – all you are doing is saying, “Don’t forget about me today. Don’t forget about me – Lots of crazy distractions in the news right now, but don’t forget how sadz I am.” (Anthony Jeselnik)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Argumento de el diablo en la botella